Monday, March 31, 2008

New Embroidery Blogger



Never in my imagination did I think I'd be referring to myself as a blogger.  But....I've decided to come into the 21st century, so here I am.    My sister Elayne has been blogging forever.  She's got a real nice site at bransonranch.blogspot.com.   I can't compete with her because of how nice her site is, so I think I'll be content to just try and best myself as time goes by.

My husband (in the future known as Dave) has been trying to create a website for my small embroidery business.  Since, it's going to take him awhile because he's so busy, I figured I'd try the blog thing. 
 
Ooooops...now wait a minute, I think I'll try and insert a picture of one of the towels I embroidered here.  If it works out, it'll be the towel I created for my mom who loves butterflies.  Here goes......cross your fingers.....ready....set....  Dang!  The picture loaded at the top of the page.  Just one more kink to work out.

Anyway, I started my embroidery business (PAW's Embroidery) in July of 2007.  It's slow going but I'm steadily plodding along at a snails pace.  Right now family and friends are being bombarded with embroidered gifts for every possible occasion.  My goal is pretty simple...to someday actually turn a profit and quit taking money out of savings for hardware, software, equipment and supplies. 

What I'd like from this blog is to show designs I've sewn out and hopefully sell some tote bags, blankets and yoga mat bags to those reading my site.  I'm working on a "Baby Shower Gift Tote" right now.  The toughest part is narrowing down what I want in the bag.  

Okay, okay...I tried to load a picture of the jeans jacket I did for Pat & Marge's baby but it ended up at the top of the page.  Oh well....  Anyway, Patrick is like a son to me, he's been my son (Scott's) best friend since junior high school.  Now they're 30.  Oh, they're gonna kill me for putting that in print.  LOL!  
Scott works San Francisco Fire Department as a medic so I thought something with a firefighter on the back would be great.  I have to admit, I think it turned out terrific.  It definitely got lots of ooooooo's and ahhhhhhh's at the shower.  
Jeeze, I'm having so much fun, I think I'll throw on another couple of designs.  I'll even put in the price of the design in case someone is interested.
Okay, now I'm going to sign out and see what the heck this looks like.  I'm thinking I'm suppose to put on the picture first so please forgive me while I experiment a bit.
Take care all,
Patti Ward
pawsembroidery@yahoo.com
 

1 comment:

Wudas said...

When you have a blog and you are selling stuff you should check it every day.